A Cyprus business visa is a type of residency available to employees and owners of international companies registered in Cyprus with the migration department. Its legal basis is Regulation 5 of the Aliens and Immigration Regulations. It is also known as "Permanent Residency with the right to work."
Types of Cyprus business visas
Cyprus category C visa is available for owners of international companies of foreign interests who have an amount of approximately €260,000 invested as capital for the company.
It also has to be shown that such an employee would not negatively affect Cyprus’s economy.
Cyprus category E visa is available for persons who have been offered permanent employment in Cyprus in a company of foreign interests.
Also, such employment shall not create unfair local competition.
Permanent residency characteristics
Type C and E Cyprus residency permits have an unlimited duration, and they will be valid for as long as the holder continues to be employed or be the owner of the company.
Category C and E rules for family members
The spouse and children up to 18 years old can also receive permanent residency. For the spouse it will be unlimited provided the principal applicant retains the residence permit. Regarding the children, it will be valid until they become 18 years old.
- Passport for the applicant and family members.
- Valid temporary residence permit.
- Cyprus alien card or ARC (Alien registration certificate).
- Curriculum Vitae for the applicant (including academic qualifications).
- Health insurance policy for the applicant, wife, and children.
- Original criminal record certificate for the applicant and his wife (official and certified translation).
- Current bank statements in Cyprus and abroad.
- Original employment agreement duly certified and stamped.
- Original rental agreement of a property in Cyprus duly certified and stamped.
- Original income tax clearance certificate for all the years (Form I.R.25)
- Social insurance statement to show contributions for all the years
- Swift from bank abroad and a declaration from Cyprus bank on the amount of money the applicant has personally transferred from abroad
- Documents to prove business activities in other countries and income (if applicable)
Company Documents for Category C visa
- Company’s Certificates.
- Social Insurance Documents to show Current Employees.
- Current Bank Statements to show deposits.
- Letter from auditors to mention: the total amount the company invested/transferred to Cyprus from abroad for the company/business activities.
- Income Tax Clearance Documents.
- Swift from abroad and bank confirmation on the amount the applicant has transferred to the company.
- Office Rental Agreement duly certified and stamped.
- Documents to prove activities.
- Please note that Criminal records, marriage, and children's birth certificates should be translated into English. They also have to be certified by the country's Ministry of foreign affairs (or Embassy) that will issue them and the Cyprus Embassy.
- Duly certified and stamped: signatures to be verified by certifying officer or muhtar and stamped at Tax Office.
The application for a residency permit is filed by the applicant’s lawyer at the Civil Registry and Migration Department at Nicosia. The applicant does not need to be present.
Following submission, the applicants will be called for an interview. It is a primary interview with some general information to be asked about them.
The procedure for a Cyprus permanent residency with the right to work is estimated to take around 12 - 18 months. The lawyer collects the Cyprus residency cards on approval.
Government fees for Cyprus visa type C and E
The fees of the migration department are as follows:
Applicant / applicants’ spouse / children under 18
€500 for all
€70 for each person for registration
Our team of lawyers will be happy to assist with all the procedures for a Cyprus business visa.
We will guide you in all the processes as below:
- Advice on requirements and necessary documents.
- Preparation and submission of the PR applications.
- Receiving of the PR cards.