Third country nationals (Non-European Union Citizens) that are married to Cypriot citizens are entitled to apply for the Cyprus residency permit. This also applies for the following family members of a Cypriot citizen and his spouse:
- their children under 18 years old from a previous marriage,
- their parents in law.
A benefit of a residence permit by marriage is the right to stay in Cyprus with no limitations.
Required documents for PR by marriage
- Passport or identity card of the Cypriot citizen and the applicant
- Marriage Certificate
- Non Marriage Certificate of the spouse (if was single before the marriage)
- Copy of divorce and Affidavit of the spouse and the Cypriot that was not married since the issuance divorce
- Health Insurance (if the Cypriot Citizen is not working)
- Proof of stable and sufficient income
- Certificate of Social insurance contributions of the Cypriot citizen(if applies)
- The title deed of a property in Cyprus, or Rental Agreement duly certified by certifying officer and stamped at the tax office(original & copy bearing two stamps worth)
- Birth Certificate (for children from a previous marriage)
The applications are submitted at the Migration District Unit of the city that the applicants live.
The applicant might get a temporary residency for the initial two times he/she applies. This will have validity for a year each time. On the third renewal, a permanent residency might be granted.
However, if the couple is married for many years or has children, the department might give the permanent residency from the first time they apply.
Citizenship application of Cypriot spouse
The Cypriot spouse after receiving the permanent residency can apply for the acquisition of Cypriot citizenship if complies with the following:
- completing three years of marriage before the date of application
- two years of residence in the Republic
For each PR application - €120