The migration department policy for third-country nationals and their employment in companies of foreign interests in Cyprus allows them to get temporary work permits.
It regulates entry visas, employment permits, renewing permits, and family immigration permits. It is based on the Aliens and Immigration Law - Cap. 105. It has been subsequently modified to include Cyprus shipping companies. It conditionally applies to companies whose shareholders acquired Cypriot citizenship by investment.
Eligible Cyprus companies
- The majority of the company’s shares to be owned by Third-country nationals.
- Foreign direct investment of capital amounting to at least € 200.000, legally admitted to Cyprus from abroad. This should be proved by an appropriate bank and other documents.
- To operate in independent offices in Cyprus
- Minimum acceptable gross monthly salary for Directors is €3872
- Maximum number of 5 persons for this category
Middle Management Executives and other key personnel
- Minimum acceptable gross monthly salary for this category is between €1936 - €3871
- Maximum number of Ten (10) persons for this category
For employing a greater number of third-country personnel under the above categories, duly justified and documented requests by the company can be submitted.
There is no maximum number for the employment of third-country nationals under this category, provided that the necessary approvals from the Department of Labour have been obtained.
Third-country nationals employed in companies of foreign interests as Directors or Middle management executives or other key personnel are able to exercise their right to family reunification. In such a case, third-country nationals who are family members (spouse and minor children) can enter and reside in Cyprus.